- I have received some images from members see previous post), but many more are needed. The goal is to build a virtual crowd, since we can't build a real crowd.
- In honor of Earth Day, I will construct a virtual solar tour at my home.
- Please take whatever shot you wish, from home garden to chalking to EV, expressing your action on the climate crisis. Use your imagination.
- The evil fossil fuel side is not resting because of COVID-19, and neither can we.
- THANK you for contributing to the Earth Day Digital Rally in Waco.
- Wednesday is the 50th Anniversary Earth Day!
- Theme was to be "Earth Rise 2020." focused on CLIMATE, with a massive march in D.C.
- With the pandemic, online events have replaced real marches.
- JOIN us Wednesday--we must keep fighting in Waco.
- Use your inspiration & creativity to make a sign and include in your selfie.
- Take pic with your EV, garden, compost, solar panels, ...........
- PICTURE: email to me as soon as ready, or post on Waco Friends of Peace--Climate on Wednesday.
- EMAIL; firstname.lastname@example.org
EARTH DAY ACTION: Fun Event for April 22, Morning
Include a sign or banner with your CLIMATE message.
Include a decarbonization prop if you wish-- EV, solar panels, vegan diet
If you don't have poster board available, use printer paper, or tape these together for larger canvas.
Include your name (optional but powerful).
PLEASE stay on topic: our mission is combating the existential threat of the anthropogenic climate crisis.
TO POST: a) go to our Facebook group, Waco Friends of Peace-Climate, and post selfie there April 22 morning and b) reply to this email with your image. If you are not on Facebook, replying to this email is fine.
In addition to Facebook, if everyone responds we can use a huge collection of images for working with City Council. I believe images of citizens concerned about the climate will be even more powerful than words alone. Plus our website, of course.
This action should be FUN and POWERFUL.
Please join us: 100% participation is critical. Thank you!
Questions: Alan Northcutt, Director. at email@example.com