‘The Art of Survival” sponsored by the Waco Friends of Peace/ClimateSEPTEMBER 1 THROUGH OCTOBER 1, 10AM UNTIL 9PM, CLOSED MONDAYS.
Terry and Jo’s Food for Thought RESTAURANT. , 1121 Speight Ave., Waco, TX 76706
September 16, 6-8pm, Showcase evening with artists present. Snacks, live music
- Theme of exhibit is climate change. Pieces may focus on the impacts, such as increased temp, melting ice sheets, rising sea levels, flooding, worsening drought, superstorms, ocean acidification, coral bleaching, species extinction, migration of people who lost homes, conflicts between nations. May focus on efforts to mitigate, such as renewable energies, sea walls, floating cities, etc. These are just a few suggestions, but many more are possible. The goal of the exhibit is to inform and educate local citizens about climate change, emphasize the urgent need for action, and inspire citizens to take action.
- The venue is a small restaurant. Art for wall hanging is preferred, such as paintings, sketches, photography, mixed media. Small sculpture to fit on a shelf or table is possible. Please limit size of piece to 18x24 inches.
- Since the venue is a family restaurant, material should be suitable for children.
- If you plan to submit a piece to the exhibit, please email me now, and specify the estimated dimensions of your work and the media if known: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit ASAP, as space is limited. If all space is full, some pieces may not be displayed.
- Please bring art for set up on August 31st.
- Title and artist name with price should be provided.
- Judging will be performed. The winners will be announced at the showcase Sept. 16. The awards are: 1st place $1000, 2nd place $400, Peoples' choice $400.
- Inquiries: email@example.com.
To subscribe to FOP/Climate email list: firstname.lastname@example.org