Important Announcements

Meetings are currently held on the 4th Tuesday, 6pm, at the South Waco Library, 2737 S. 18th St., Waco, TX 76706. Meetings occur most months, but each should be confirmed by an announcement on this website This website can now be reached entering the following URL: www.friendsoftheclimate.org. Free "climate crisis is here" yard signs may be obtained by emailing anorthc@aol.com. To join our email list and be informed of meetings, events, and campaigns, please email Alan at anorthc@aol.com. Scroll down to "Sixth Annual Climate Crisis Art Show Winners."

Alan Northcutt Reports On His Hour On The Lynn Wooley Radio Show

The following is a report by Alan Northcutt on his experience being interviewed on the radio by conservative Temple radio talk show host Lynn Wolley:


On March 10th I survived the hour-long conservative talk show with Lynn Woolley (left) about climate change. Overall Lynn is a friendly guy and was pretty fair, never cutting my microphone.  I did feel very rushed at times and had to insist on making my point.
 
I mostly responded to various climate denier-type questions, such as sunspots, no climate change effects yet (!!), etc.  I think I responded pretty effectively to these questions.  We also took phone calls on this live program.

I actually have sympathy for the denier position, because I understand the power the climate denier industry has had over the last 30 years in spreading misinformation. Also, climate science is a relatively complex field and I think difficult for many non-scientists. 

I suggested that I would later answer emails he received to further respond to the audience questions on the topic.

We parted amiably and agreed that we will do this again, as I think it is useful.

His website does not archive the programs. Therefore, I am trying to obtain a copy of the hour and will attempt to post it later.

To subscribe to FOP/Climate email list: anorthc@aol.com



Comments