LOCATION: At street entrance of Town Hall, TSTC, John B. Connally Technology Center Auditorium, 3801 Campus Drive, Waco 76705.
DIRECTIONS: On I35 North take TSTC exit. Auditorium is first large building on your right. Approx. 15 minute drive from Providence Hospital with no traffic problems.
DATE: August 31st, Wednesday.
TIME: 5:00pm-6:30pm. (Town Hall starts 6:00pm).
LOGISTICS: Large banner and some small signs will be porvided. Of course, participants should feel free to express their thoughts with personal signs.
WHY: Rep. Flores may now object to "climate denier" classification, although his statements and record prove him to be one. He referred to climate change as "dubious agenda-driven scientific research."
- Flores supports fossil fuels over renewable energy, and worked in the fossil fuel industry.
- Flores has voted against every bill designed to address climate change.
- Flores has a 4% positive voting record by the League of Conservation Voters.
- Flores has been a large part of the recent do nothing Congresses which have blocked any significant legislation to combat climate change.
- We must call out Rep. Flores for his record which endangers our future at the time of this climate change crisis. We complain about his positions on Facebook, etc.--this is the opportunity to inform him of our complete opposition to his dangerous climate denialism.
- THINK GLOBAL AND ACT LOCAL. It is our responsibility to act on our local climate issues.
- 350.org is organizing a campaign this fall to call out candidates at all levels who block climate action.
ACT NOW: please plan to support this action. Last time there was great media coverage, but there needs to be more bodies to increase the impact. And kindly RSVP email to email@example.com with your commitment to be present.